Monday, December 29, 2008

What am I thinking???

My BIG resolution for 2009 is a "no buy" for myself.

I am not making my family suffer, so they are not participating. I can still buy toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc. I'm not going to stink in this process. My whole goal is to save money. I'm going to try this on a quarter by quarter basis. I just have to make it to March 31, 2009!!! Then I can re-evaluate!

Rules:
1. I cannot buy anything for myself. This includes the following:
Stuff from Bath & Body Works
iTunes downloads
clothes
shoes
accessories (purses, jewelry. etc)
stuff to decorate the house (picture frames, art work)
movies/cds

2. I can buy household products such as windex, dish soap, paper towels, clorox wipes, etc.

I think this will be somewhat difficult, because I always end up finding stuff on sale that I cannot seem to live without. Kohls always seems to send 20% or 30% off coupons to my house. Macy's always has great sales plus extra % off coupons! I'm sure I will come up with things to add to the list- I just haven't been tempted yet!!Well I still have a few days left of 2008, I better make sure I don't need anything for the next 90 days!

1 comment:

  1. I saw your thread on DIS and thought I'd come check it out. Sounds like a plan, and I believe I'll be joining you on your journey. (As long as you allow hitchhikers, haha!) My only exception is, is that I received some gift cards for Christmas, so if it's a gift card I will use it (though, only for stuff I need... new jeans when mine wear out, etc.) I have to save up for my Disney trip!

    ReplyDelete