Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 1- Happy 2009!

Today is day 1. I'm trying to get my wonderful hubby on the "No Buy" train for 2009. He isn't boarding (yet)!!! He doesn't spend much money, but he always finds "bargains". Every year our local grocery store puts all the Christmas stuff on clearanced and I swear we now have 10 power strips and 10 green extension cords. "But they were only a $1." Those dollars add up, and we would have $20 extra dollars if you would stop buying extension cords and power strips and who needs that many????

So it looks like it is just me.

I've made a list of some things that I can do instead of shopping! This list is in no particular order. I think sometimes we shop because it makes us feel better, but then it is just a short-term fix! Here's my list:
1. workout
2. read a book (I never get to read a book anymore with two little kids around and I love to read).
3. scrapbook (I love to scrapbook, and I never get to do this much anymore)
4. do yoga
5. play with the kids
6. go to the park
7. take the family for a hike (we have a favorite place we like to go, and they have a hanging bridge- a big hit with the kids)
8. cook some meals for the week (this would only be done as a last resort- I hate to cook)
9. play on the computer (this isn't the greatest idea, because I do this too much as it is)
10. have a family wii tournament!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment